Being Real With People, Crazy is Good
Share this episode on:
In today’s episode of Agency Intelligence podcast, host Jason Cass talks with guest host Erin Nutting, Agency Owner of Integrity Insurance Services in the Tucson, Arizona area. They analyze the recent blog post that Erin Nutting wrote for Agency Intelligence called “Business Warfare: When Emotional Terrorism Takes Over Your Business”. They cover issues like being a parent and a busy business owner, addressing mental health issues, and not misleading our audiences, children, and clients.
- Jason Cass and Erin Nutting discuss the 3020-word blog post that Erin wrote for Agency Intelligence.
- How does Erin feel about being a mom and running a business?
- Too many people post about appearing perfect and mislead their audience.
- How can your kids grow to accept struggles if they believe that you never do?
- What are conditional responses?
- We are all a little crazy.
- Jason addresses his mental illness as a strength and that he wouldn’t be the same without it.
- There are times and places to properly share things we feel vulnerable about.
- Excel in your strengths instead of dwelling on your weaknesses.
- Erin feels that in the past, if she didn’t own her own business, she would have been fired.
3 Key Points:
- Don’t get bogged down by social media parents that look down on busy parents that don’t cook for their kids all the time.
- 5 Things Erin Nutting Does on a Weekly Basis to Keep a Semi-Strong Mom Game: group text, dinner, cosy app, transparency, and spontaneity.
- Anywhere there is a lack of something within us, the human body tends to create a strength elsewhere to compensate.
- (Quote from a blog post by Erin Nutting) “Who is going to help the business owner? Who is going to help ‘Captain Crazy’ in her ship while she is trying to reach maximum speeds while dragging an anchor behind her?” – Jason Cass
- “There is no filter for being a mom, and I talk about it, and there is no filter for real life.” – Erin Nutting
- “It is my responsibility as a human and a follow business owner, who is maybe a couple of years down the road to be honest and truthful about my struggle.” – Erin Nutting
- Agency Intelligence
- Reach out to Jason Cass
- Linkedin: Erin Nutting
- Integrity Insurance Services: integrityinsure.com
- Blog Post by Erin Nutting: “Business Warfare: When Emotional Terrorism Takes Over Your Business” by Erin Nutting