Kelly Donahue-Piro: These Two Things Will Lead to Success
Share this episode on:
In today’s episode of Agents Influence, host Jason Cass interviews Kelly Donahue-Piro, Owner and President of Agency Performance Partners. Kelly puts a fun spin on her interview by occasionally asking Jason Cass questions as well. During this conversation, hear whether or not video is a lazy man’s book, what to look for when hiring people, the power of prospecting, and the differences between producers and account managers.
- Kelly Donahue-Piro asks Jason Cass what has been his most difficult business challenge
- You can’t pay people a salary that isn’t making your job easier.
- The first step in not being ignorant is to learn how to learn.
- Is Kelly an iPhone user or an Android user?
- Does she love to win or hate to lose?
- Is she stronger because of her skill or because of luck?
- What should you look for when hiring someone?
- Why does Jason think video is a lazy man’s book?
- Has Jason thought about taking a social media break?
- How many clients does Kelly have and what software does she use?
- Jason Cass hit 600 downloads in one day for the podcast and is averaging 225 downloads a day.
- Jason Kelly talks about the growth of women in the industry and producers and account managers.
- Why do producers tend to hate prospecting?
- How does Jason approach cold calling and addressing producers?
- Kelly Donahue-Piro shares her secret shopper statistics from 2017.
3 Key Points:
- You are going to outgrow your staff and it is difficult when you treat your business staff like your family, which they are not.
- The three biggest objections Kelly hears about working with agencies are: people don’t have the time to commit, they aren’t sure their staff will commit, and the expense.
- Focus on prospecting before you need leads, not after you need leads.
- “You’re hiring people to make your life easier, and if there is someone on your team that is not making your life easier, that is on you.” – Kelly Donahue-Piro
- “The two biggest things that any employee needs is to be teachable and to have a good attitude. If you have that in life, you are unstoppable.’” – Kelly Donahue-Piro
- “Producers wouldn’t want to be account managers and account managers wouldn’t want to be producers. But if there is one thing I could tell producers, it’s you need to treat your account manager like they walk on water.” – Kelly Donahue-Piro