Month of the Mom – Erin Nutting on being a mommypreneur
Share this episode on:
In today´s episode of Agency Intelligence, host Jason Cass welcomes Erin Nutting, an agency owner of Integrity Insurance Services, a national speaker, a highly accomplished blogger, and a proud mother. Erin discusses her journey towards building her own business in the insurance industry, balancing changes in her life, and how the rewards and love of motherhood plays into her life. She offers honest personal stories and provides advice on how to grow in the insurance industry
- Erin lays out her backstory as an entrepreneur
- It is important to tell the story of motherhood in the insurance industry
- What are the advantages of being a woman in insurance
- How is multitasking often more prominent in women than men
- Erin believes it is time for women business owners to stop pretending everything is ok
- There are more women graduating from college
- Find a mentor that has the experience and success that you desire
- Erin doesn’t want to be on the female boss bandwagon
- Insurance is growing with innovations like video quotes and chat features
- Treat your staff like humans and not robots to get them at their purest form
- Listen to people that have gone further along than you have
- How can you improve your business culture and perfect your staffing
- Go to AIBrainshare.com for Jason’s invite-only event
- Alicia Cavanaugh is an influential woman in the insurance space
- Olivia Schmitt of TRICOR Insurance in Iowa is worth paying attention to
3 Key Points:
- Just because people are popular on social media doesn’t mean they will be a great mentor.
- Insurance is growing currently faster now than it has in the last 15 years.
- make sure new tools actually fit your industry.
– “Our insurance space tells us that if we are not taking time to do what we need at home than it is going to impact us negatively in the professional world. And it is so completely wrong.” – Erin Nutting.
– “A lot of people don’t want to talk about “the ugly” of running a business.”– Erin Nutting.
– “I think it is so cool when an industry can admit when it needs to keep up.” – Erin Nutting.