Syd Roe, Neon and #Indietech
Share this episode on:
In today’s episode of Agents Influence, host Jason Cass interviews Sydney Roe, Chief Marketing Officer at b atomic, an insurance technology company created to help independent agents leverage their data to create memorable customer experiences. Sydney talks about the importance of timing, other ways to view digital communication and data collection, and intention versus action.
- Is Sydney Roe an iPhone or Android user and what is the last app she downloaded?
- Does Sydney love to win or hate to lose?
- What has played the bigger role in Sydney’s career, skill or luck?
- What is Sydney Roe working on today with b atomic/Neon?
- What are the problems between technology and the insurance industry?
- Sydney talks about intentions vs. action.
- What are Sydney’s thoughts on timing as it pertains to Neon?
- What would Sydney advise an independent agent these days?
- How does Sydney feel about technology?
- Making excuses far too often gets in the way of progress.
3 Key Points:
- Sydney Roe doesn’t believe hard work alone leads to success. There are moments in our lives that require choices, and timing plays a big role in achievement.
- Where is your agency going to be in 100 years?
- Sydney views data and digital communication as creating life in a different world.
- “We are stuck in this mindset that technology, insurance technology, is agency management systems, and that agency management systems are the pinnacle of technological success in insurance.” – Sydney Roe
- “We also now have Indie Tech. We have technology created by independent insurance agents. Indie Tech. And I think that is the category that Neon fits into.” – Sydney Roe
- “I don’t care about the intentions of the different technology companies that are creating this environment. The fact is that they are creating the environment. And we have to hold them accountable.” – Sydney Roe