Throwback: Futurist Daniel Burrus Tells Us the Future of Insurance
Share this episode on:
In this episode of Agent’s Influence we throw it back to a podcast from 2 years ago that predicts the future of the insurance industry. Take a listen as Jason Cass interviews Daniel Burrus of Burrus Research about the future of AI, the difference between change and transformation, and how to anticipate future trends in technology.
- Why Dan is an iPhone user instead of an Android user – it comes down to security.
- Anyone can develop some kind of Android system, Apple vets their apps and rejects quite a few.
- The last cool App Dan believes the listeners should download.
- Why buying a Tesla is a more economical solution than you might think.
- Where Dan started and how he got where he is today.
- How to separate hard trends (future facts) from soft trends (the ifs and maybes).
- Whether AI will replace agents in the future – Dan’s certainties.
- Elevate your brand based on the hard trends that are shaping the future.
- When you change something, it resembles the process before the change, when you transform it, it’s something totally new.
- How agents should be looking at relationship vs. online insurance sales.
- Dan reads the latest research on new technology and game changers.
3 Key Points:
- Apple iPhones have a much higher level of security than Androids.
- Discover your unique gift and direct your talents to support the gift.
- We live in a human world with relationships based on trust.
- “There’s a lot of things I’m bad at, there are a few things I’m really good at. I’ve spent a lot of time developing the few things I’m really good at.” – Dan Burrus
- “Why don’t you soar instead of flap?” – Dan Burrus
- “We have the ability to change the role of our agents.” – Dan Burrus
- “If you’re only changing a process, you’re falling behind every year. You have to be transforming it.” – Dan Burrus
- The Tesla App is available here on iTunes and here on Google Play.
- Pick up a copy of Daniel’s book Flash Foresight.
- For more information go to burrus.com
- Find Dan on LinkedIn.
- Subscribe to the TECHNOTRENDS Newsletter.
- Read Dan’s book The Anticipatory Organization.