Giving and Receiving, What Comes First?
Share this episode on:
In today’s episode of Agency Intelligence, host Jason Cass talks with guest Mike Crowley, Vice President at Crowley Insurance Agency in Syracuse, New York. Mike Crowley talks about what it was like taking over his family’s insurance agency, making himself the third generation to do so, what it takes to upgrade and update insurance business solutions, and the impact that videos have played in his career.
- Is Mike Crowley an iPhone user or an Android user?
- Does Mike love to win or hate to lose?
- What is the last app that he has downloaded?
- Does Mike attribute his success to luck or skill?
- Mike Crowley explains getting started in his family’s insurance agency.
- When did he get his earliest inkling to get into insurance?
- What did Mike invest in for his family’s agency?
- Mike talks about knowing Ryan Hanley and using video in the insurance industry.
- Get out there are make a marketing impact.
- Be famous for your industry in your marketplace.
3 Key Points:
- Sometimes you have to invest in new ideas yourself first to get your partners to believe in them.
- Giving should come before receiving.
- At one point, Mike Crowley did 101 videos in 101 days.
- “I’m a third-generation owner of my family agency. Like a lot of family agencies, you kind of knew you were going into the business when you went through schooling.” – Mike Crowley
- “I built our agency up over the first few years based off of building relationships. Like a lot of new young salespeople, it takes a good 3-4 years and then you get on a groove. That’s what happened and our agency took off.” – Mike Crowley
- “In 2017, 2018, we had a double-digit growth. So, I mean our agency was growing. We are still a six-person office, and we were growing 10, 12, 14% the last couple of years.” – Mike Crowley
- Agency Intelligence
- Reach out to Jason Cass
- Twitter: Mike Crowley
- Email: email@example.com